"Are Refugees Good for the Economy?," Global Citizen, 19 Feb. 2017 [text]
EU Rural Development Policy and the Integration of Migrants (EPRS, Feb. 2017) [text]
- Podcast also available via a/m link.
"How Economists are Fueling the Global Debate over Refugees," Bloomberg, 17 Feb. 2017 [text]
Immigration and the Rise of American Ingenuity, Working Paper, no. 17-064 (Harvard Business School, Jan. 2017 [text]
Immigration Policy as a Jobs Program (Niskanen Center Blog, Feb. 2017) [text]
Improving the Labour Market Integration of Migrants and Refugees: Empowering Cities through Better Use of EU Instruments (Migration Policy Institute, March 2017) [text]
In Search of Work - Creating Jobs for Syrian Refugees: A Case Study of the Jordan Compact (International Rescue Committee, Feb. 2017) [text via ReliefWeb]
"Over 200 Economists Say Trump is Wrong on Immigration," CNN, 6 March 2017 [text]
Settling Better: Reforming Refugee Employment and Settlement Services (Centre for Policy Development, Feb. 2017) [text]
- See also related Guardian report.
Want a Stronger Economy? Give Immigrants a Warm Welcome (The Conversation, Feb. 2017) [text]
The Work Permit Initiative for Syrian Refugees in Jordan: Implications for Policy and Practice (Boston Consortium for Arab Region Studies, Feb. 2017) [text]
Entrepreneurial Refugee Network (TERN) [access]
- "TERN supports refugees in realising their ambition of starting a business. Whether you have an idea, a plan or an existing business TERN will support you to build, grow and scale-up your business. We aim to help refugees help themselves by becoming self-sustainable." See also related Guardian news story.
StepUp (Danish Refugee Council) [access]
- "A new digital platform designed to link Syrian refugees with potential employers worldwide was launched...[to help] refugees overcome barriers such as language and lack of connections in local job markets."
- Thematic Focus: Work/Economic Aspects (9 Feb. 2017)
Tagged Publications and Web Sites/Tools.