68th Meeting of the Standing Committee, Geneva, 14-16 March 2017 [access]
- Follow link for agenda, documents, remarks and oral updates. NGO statements are available on ICVA's web site.
The G20 Countries Should Assume Leadership of the Forced Migration Crisis and Mitigate the Deficiencies of the Existing Governance System, G20 Insights (T20 Forced Migration Task Force, updated March 2017) [text]
- See also two related co-chair briefs, "More Financial Burden-Sharing for Developing Countries that Host Refugees" and "Education and Skills Development in the Context of Forced Migration."
Global Migration: A Liberal Overview of Causes, Types, Pros, and Cons (Oxford Council on Good Governance, Feb. 2017) [text]
"More Heat than Light: The Challenges of Measuring Forced Migration," Global Responsibility to Protect, vol. 9, no. 1 (2017) [preprint]
A New Agenda for Facilitating Human Mobility after the UN Summits on Refugees and Migrants (openDemocracy, March 2017) [text]
Refuge: Canada's Journal on Refugees, vol. 33, no. 1 (2017) [open access]
- Theme is "Power and Influence in the Global Refugee Regime."
Refuge: Transforming a Broken Refugee System, London, 29 March 2017 [info]
- Discussion of new book published 30 March 2017 by Penguin Allen Lane. An earlier discussion is available here. See also initial book review, and critique of that review.
Report of the Special Representative of the Secretary-General on Migration, UN Doc. No. A/71/728 (UN General Assembly, Feb. 2017) [text]
- Note: This is the final report from Peter Sutherland, who served as the Special Representative on Migration for 11 years. His successor is Louise Arbour.
Seeking Refuge: Faith-Based Approaches to Forced Migration, Princeton, NJ, 3-4 March 2017 [info]
- Follow link for video. Note: The links at the bottom of the page are invalid; use the links under the "Poverty and Peacemaking" menu on the left side to access more information about the event.
Towards a Global Compact on Refugees: A Proposed Roadmap (UNHCR, March 2017) [text via FM Forum]
- This is a UNHCR non-paper provided by the Forced Migration Forum. See also this related Oral Update on the Comprehensive Refugee Response provided at the recent Standing Committee meeting.
"Where the World's Refugees Are," NPR, 27 March 2017 [text]
- Thematic Focus: General (22 March 2017)