Seminars: Asylum & Refugee Seminar Series, Oxford University, 13-15 October 2015 [info]
- The following topics will be addressed: "Africa after Neo-Abolition: Asylum Politicization, Expert Testimony, and the Legacy of Anti-Trafficking Advocacy," "History, Present and Center: Boko Haram, Gender Violence Asylum Claims, and the Mimetic Novelty of Africa," and "African Asylum Claims, the Hermeneutics of Suspicion, and the Reception of the Supernatural in Refugee Status Determination."
Webinar: Unaccompanied Child Migrants in the United States:
How Are They Faring?, 15 October 2015 [info]
Seminar: Informal Discussion with T. Alexander Aleinikoff, Oxford, 20 October 2015 [info]
CFP: Borders, Walls and Violence: Costs and Alternatives to Border Fencing, Montreal, 2-3 June 2016 [info]
- Abstract submission deadline extended until the end of October.
Webinars: Series on Refugee and Forced Migration Narratives [info]
- The IASFM Refugee and Forced Migration Narratives Working Group is hosting three webinars: "Using Video Narratives to End Silence on Conflict-related Sexual Violence," 26 October 2015; "From ‘Displacements’ to ‘In Flux’— Challenging Narratives through Artistic Experimentation," 3 November 2015; and "Trafficking Narratives of Enslavement and Forced Migration," 6 November 2015. Follow link above to register.
CFP: "Changing Places, Changing People? Critical Heritage(s) of Diaspora, Migration and Belonging," Session at Association of Critical Heritage Studies Third Biennial Conference, Montreal, 6-10 June 2016 [info]
- Submission deadline is 1 November 2015.
Vacancy: Legal Officer, Medico Legal Reports Team, Freedom from Torture [info]
- Application deadline is 6 November 2015.
Course: Migration in the Margins of Europe: From Istanbul to Athens, 4-31 January 2016 [info]
- Application deadline is 9 November 2015.
Vacancies: Research Fellows, Institute for Research into Superdiversity, Univ. of Birmingham [info]
- Application deadline is 11 November 2015.
Conference: Future Planning: Durable Solutions for Separated Children, Dublin, 13 November 2015 [info]
- Conference for the closing of the Pilot Project on Unaccompanied Minors of the European Commission.
*Workshop: Witnessing: Working with Testimonies for Refugee Advocacy, New York, 6-10 January 2016 [info]
- Apply by 15 November 2015. Note: Two full-tuition scholarships for U.S.-based refugees are available.
Human Rights in an Age of Ambiguity, New York, 13-15 June 2016 [info]
- Submit paper/panel proposals by 30 November 2015.
- Events & Opportunities: More Oct. 2015/New Nov. 2015
Tagged Events & Opportunities.