Annual Harrell-Bond Lecture: ‘We do not want to become refugees’: Human Mobility in the Age of Climate Change, Oxford, 4 November 2015 [info]
- Registration required.
Briefing Q&A: Climate Change and the Refugee Crisis (UKCCMC, Sept. 2015) [text]
- There is also a video version of this briefing via the link.
Climate Displacement and Human Rights: Where to Go from Here?, Displacement Solutions Expert Roundtable Discussion, Geneva, 11 June 2015 [text]
Fleeing Floods, Earthquakes, Droughts and Rising Sea Levels: 12 Lessons Learned about Protecting People Displaced by Disasters and the Effects of Climate Change (Nansen Initiative, 2015) [text]
- Note: Click on the cover image on the right side of the page to open up ebook.
"The Intensification of the Migration Crisis in the European Union: Between 9/11 and Climate Change," Global Policy Journal, 10 Sept. 2015 [text]
Nansen Initiative Global Consultation, Geneva, 12-13 Oct. 2015 [info]
- Objective was to "present and validate the Protection Agenda, and to identify opportunities for future action in response to the remaining legal, operational, institutional and financial gaps posed by cross-border disaster displacement." See also keynote address by UNHCR's AHC for protection and related press release. For background on the consultative process that led to the draft protection agenda, visit this page on the Nansen Initiative site.
Not the End for Displacement in Paris [Climate Conference] (UKCCMC, Oct. 2015) [text]
- See also related Guardian article.
"Planned Relocations in the Context of Climate Change: Unpacking the Legal and Conceptual Issues," Cambridge Journal of International and Comparative Law, vol. 4, no. 1 (2015) [open access]
"'Unable to Return' in the 1951 Refugee Convention: Stateless Refugees and Climate Change," Florida Journal of International Law, vol. 26, no. 3 (2015) [eprint via SSRN]
UNHCR, the Environment & Climate Change: An Overview (UNHCR, Oct. 2015) [text]
- Thematic Focus: Climate Change & Displacement (25 Aug. 2015)
Tagged Publications and Events & Opportunities.