World Humanitarian Summit Global Consultation, Geneva, 14-16 October 2015 [info]
- The last in a series of discussions that are part of the lead-up to the World Humanitarian Summit meeting that will take place next year in Istanbul. Read the synthesis report (or synopsis) to learn more about what the previous consultations concluded. See also a related statement from ODI's Humanitarian Policy Group. ICVA has a useful page with more information and links to relevant reports from all the previous consultations.
Are You an Ethical Aid Worker?, London & Livestream, 27 October 2015 [info]
50 Years of the Red Cross/Crescent Fundamental Principles: Still Guiding Humanitarian Action (HPN Blog, Oct. 2015) [text]
- See also related podcast.
IASC Reference Module for the Implementation of the Humanitarian Programme Cycle, Version 2.0 (Inter-Agency Standing Committee, July 2015) [text]
Improving Humanitarian Aid, Academic Conference Call Series (Council on Foreign Relations, Oct. 2015) [info]
- Follow link for podcast and transcript.
Stubborn Realities, Shared Humanity: History in the Service of Humanitarian Action, Geneva, 16 Sept. 2015 [info]
- Follow link for video.
Suppressing Foreign Terrorist Fighters and Supporting Principled Humanitarian Action: A Provisional Framework for Analyzing State Practice (Harvard University, Oct. 2015) [text via ReliefWeb]
Words Matter (IRIN, Oct. 2015) [text]
- News: Third State of the Humanitarian System Published (2 Oct. 2015)
- Thematic Focus: Humanitarian Assistance (16 Sept. 2015)
Tagged Events & Opportunities, Publications and Web Sites/Tools.