Events & opportunities:
Request for feedback: Idea for a London Migration Network [info]
Refugees and the City, London, 20 October 2015 [info]
Responding to the European Refugee Crisis: What’s Next for the European Asylum Support Office?, Webinar, 20 October 2015 [info]
6th International Refugee Law Seminar Series 2015-16 [info] [event flyer]
- The focus is on "European Asylum Law." The first seminar, "Frontex Operations and Pre-emptive Humanitarianism: The 'Rescue-without-Protection' Paradigm," will be held 23 October 2015.
Behind Them, a Homeland in Ruins: The Youth of Europe's Refugee Crisis (Mercy Corps, Oct. 2015) [text via ReliefWeb]
Dispatches: Hungary’s Criminal Punishment for People Fleeing Syria (Human Rights Watch, Oct. 2015) [text]
Legislation on Emergency Relocation of Asylum-seekers in the EU (EPRS, Oct. 2015) [text]
Refugee Crisis: Joint Action Plan with Turkey (European Commission, Oct. 2015) [text]
- See also related IRIN briefing.
Seeing Double? How the EU Miscounts Migrants Arriving at its Borders (Postcards from... Blog, Oct. 2015) [text]
State of Play: European Agenda on Migration (European Commission, Oct. 2015) [text]
*Understanding Migration and Asylum in the European Union (Open Society Foundations, Oct. 2015) [text]
EU Immigration and Asylum Law and Policy Blog (Odysseus Network) [access]
- "The mission of this blog is to provide a critical analysis of recent developments in the immigration and asylum law and policy of the European Union."
Europe's Migration Emergency (IOM) [access]
- "This multi-layered platform displays data on a number of critical components necessary to understanding the scale, scope and patterns of current migration dynamics in Europe.
With the aim of connecting the dots in new and innovative ways, the continuously updated platform highlights trends across key locations with interactive maps, helping create a better visual understanding of the unfolding situation."
- Regional Focus: Europe (13 Oct. 2015)
Tagged Events & Opportunities, Publications and Web Sites/Tools.