66th session of the Executive Committee of the High Commissioner's Programme (EXCOM) opened today and will run through 9 October 2015. Here is the preliminary schedule as well as the High Commissioner's opening remarks (see also related press release).
This year's meeting will include a High-Level Segment on the Afghan Refugee Situation and the following side events:
- Briefing on the
refugee and migrant crisis in Europe
with the High Commissioner and others
- The Brazil Plan of Action:
in times of global crisis
- Engaging development actors
in a new way
- The Nigeria situation: Providing protection in
an ongoing crisis
- Launch of the Afghan portfolio of projects
for voluntary repatriation and
reintegration of Afghan refugees
- People of faith for people in need: Impact of the
2012 High Commissioner’s Dialogue
on Faith and Protection
- Refugee status determination: Strategies
to promote protection
- Partner portal
Finally, the Nansen Refugee Award ceremony will be held the evening of the first day, with the honors going to Aqeela Asifi, an Afghan refugee teacher.
Plenary session documents can be accessed here.
Tagged Publications and Events & Opportunities.