Can the New Refugee Relocation System Work? Perils in the Dublin Logic and Flawed Reception Conditions in the EU (Centre for European Policy Studies, Oct. 2015) [text]
- See also related commentary.
"Country Notes," Migrant Crisis Web Site (Migration Policy Centre, Oct. 2015) [access]
- Eleven new notes have been added to this new micro-site for both Eastern European countries and Syrian refugee host countries in the region; each covers such things as the refugee population, refugee status, government's approach, refugee impact, reaction of host communities, and institutional actors.
Distribution Key: When, Who and Where to? (ICMPD, Sept. 2015) [text]
"Hotspot" for Asylum Applications: Some Things We Urgently Need to Know (EU Law Analysis Blog, Sept. 2015) [text]
History Matters… but Which One? Every Refugee Crisis has a Context (The Reluctant Internationalists Blog, Oct. 2015) [text]
- First in a new blog series on the theme of "Europe in Crisis."
Humane and Dignified? Migrants' Experiences of Living in a 'State of Deportability' in Sweden (Malmö Institute for Studies of Migration, Diversity and Welfare, 2015) [open access]
- Culmination of a project on "Migrants' experiences of forced return." See also related policy brief.
The Humanitarian Caste System? (IRIN, Sept. 2015) [text]
Managing the Refugee Crisis: Budgetary Measures under the European Agenda on Migration (European Commission, Sept. 2015) [text]
More Frontex is not the Answer to the Refugee Crisis (openDemocracy, Oct. 2015) [text]
Refugee Crises and the Sad Legacy of the 1938 Evian Conference (Order from Chaos Blog, Sept. 2015) [text]
Some Historical Reflections on the Refugee Crisis by Professor Peter Gatrell (History@Manchester Blog, Sept. 2015) [text]
"Some Tips for the Long-Distance Traveller," London Review of Books, vol. 37, no. 19 (Oct. 2015) [full-text]
"Syrians in Paris: Rights, Refuge, and Reform," Rights in Exile Newsletter, no. 63 (Oct. 2015) [full-text]
Two Years on from Lampedusa Tragedy, IOM Reflects on Mediterranean Deaths (IOM, Oct. 2015) [text]
"What to Do with the People Who Do Make It Across?," London Review of Books, vol. 37, no. 19 (Oct. 2015) [full-text]
- Regional Focus: Europe (29 Sept. 2015)