Call for chapter proposals: Educating Refugee-Background Students: Critical Issues and Dynamic Contexts (Multilingual Matters) [info]
- Submission deadline is 15 October 2015.
Child Protection and Education in Emergencies (Global Protection Cluster & Global Education Cluster, Sept. 2015) [text via ReliefWeb]
Education: Issue Brief, nos. 1-6 (UNHCR, Sept. 2015)
- #1: Education and Protection
- #2: Out-of-school Children in Refugee Settings
- #3: Curriculum Choices in Refugee Settings
- #4: Mainstreaming Refugees in National Education Systems
- #5: Refugee Teacher Management
- #6: Secondary Education for Refugee Adolescents
Journal on Education in Emergencies, vol. 1, no. 1 (Oct. 2015) [full-text via ReliefWeb]
- Inaugural issue of new journal; includes "Quality Education for Refugees in Kenya: Pedagogy in Urban Nairobi and Kakuma Refugee Camp Settings."
Study to Design a Programme/Clearinghouse Providing Access to Higher Education for Syrian Refugees and Internal Displaced Persons: Final Report (Univ. of Twente, 2015) [text]
"Supporting New Arrival Students’ Engagement with Picture Books: Analysis of Teacher Talk Using the Appraisal Theory," Functional Linguistics, 1:12 (Dec. 2014) [open access]
- Thematic Focus: Education (15 Sept. 2015)
Tagged Publications and Events & Opportunities.