Iraq: Providing Aid in a 'Protection Crisis', London, 3 November 2015 [info]
- Will also be livestreamed.
The Syrian Humanitarian Disaster: Understanding Perceptions, Aspirations and Behaviour in Jordan, Lebanon and Turkey, Oxford, 9 December 2015 [info]
As Syria’s Struggles Continue, We See Traveling Ghosts and Unraveling Hosts (Future Development Blog, Oct. 2015) [text]
The Gulf States Should Do More for Syrian Refugees (Markaz Blog, Sept. 2015) [text]
Migration Policy Practice, vol. V, no. 3 (July-Sept. 2015) [full-text via ReliefWeb]
- The five articles in this issue focus "on the migration
challenges facing the countries of the
Middle East and North Africa (MENA)." Additional MENA-related publications are listed on pp. 25-17.
"No Asylum for 'Infiltrators': The Legal Predicament of Eritrean and Sudanese Nationals in Israel," Journal of Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Law, vol. 29, no. 2 (2015) [full-text via SSRN]
"The Plight of African Refugees in Israel," Rights in Exile Newsletter, no. 63 (Oct. 2015) [full-text]
Profiling the Vulnerability of Palestine Refugees from Syria Living in Lebanon (UNRWA, Oct. 2015) [text]
Yemen Situation: Regional Refugee and Migrant Response Plan - October-December 2015, January- December 2016 (preliminary estimates) (UNHCR, Oct. 2015) [text via ReliefWeb]
Map of Displacement (Metrography) [access] [Facebook]
- Provides an "account of the current crisis of displacement inside the Kurdistan Region of Iraq (KRI). It is the story of the enormous human toll Iraqi civilians are paying while war continues to ravage their country. Through intimate narratives of these people who have been violently forced to flee, Map of Displacement illustrates the magnitude and poignancy of this underreported crisis." See also related Los Angeles Times article.
- Regional Focus: Syria (13 Oct. 2015)
- Regional Focus: MENA (30 Sept. 2015)
Tagged Events & Opportunities, Publications and Web Sites/Tools.