Events & opportunities:
6th National Conference of the Canadian Association of Refugee Lawyers/6e Conférence Nationale de L'ACAADR, Various Locations, 11 April 2014 [info]
2014 AILA Annual Conference on Immigration Law, Boston, 18-21 June 2014 [info]
- Register by 23 April 2014 for reduced rates.
FY 2014 Funding Opportunity Announcement for NGO Programs
Benefiting Colombian Refugees and Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) [info]
- The proposal submission deadline is 25 April 2014.
CCR Spring Consultation, Halifax, Canada, 29-31 May 2014 [info]
- Theme is "Gateways to Hope, Pathways to Belonging"; registration now open; early bird deadline is 9 May 2014.
Children on the Run: Unaccompanied Children Leaving Central America and Mexico and the Need for International Protection (UNHCR, March 2014) [text]
- See also related news story; audio of the High Commissioner at the launch of the report and his remarks are also available.
The Crisis in Buenaventura: Disappearances, Dismemberment, and Displacement in Colombia’s Main Pacific Port (Human Rights Watch, March 2014) [text]
Memorias - Conferencia de Soluciones Sostenibles para la Población Desplazada: Experiencias Internacionales y Nacionales, Bogotá, 28-29 Mayo 2013 (ACNUR, Dec. 2013) [text]
Rural Refugee Resettlement: Secondary Migration and Community Integration in Fort Morgan, Colorado, New Issues in Refugee Research, no. 269 (UNHCR, March 2014) [text]
Supporting Durable Solutions to Urban, Post-Disaster Displacement: Challenges and Opportunities in Haiti (Brookings Institution & IOM, March 2014) [text]
- See also related UpFront blog post, event materials, and remarks from IOM Director-General.
Tijuana’s "New" Migrants: The Deported and Interior Refugees (Border Crossing Observatory, Jan. 2014) [text]
- Cartagena +30 (19 March 2014)
- Regional Focus: Americas (3 March 2014)
Tagged Publications and Events & Opportunities.