Climate Change and Migration: A Review of the Literature, Working Paper, no. 572 (Institute of Social Studies, Nov. 2013) [text]
Climate Change and the Risk of Displacement in Asia (Asia Pacific Foundation of Canada, Feb. 2014) [text]
*"Climate Change Refugees," Critical Review of International Social and Political Philosophy, Forthcoming [eprint via SSRN]
Environmental Refugees: Justice and Responsibility, Global Studies Paper (Roskilde University, Dec. 2013) [text]
"Environmental Stress, Displacement and the Challenge of Rights Protection," Forced Migration Review, no. 45 (Feb. 2014) [open access]
"Escaping a Rising Tide: Sea Level Rise and Migration in Kiribati," Asia & the Pacific Policy Studies, vol. 1, no. 1 (Jan. 2014) [open access]
Mainstreaming Climate Change Adaptation in the Pacific: A Practical Guide (UNDP Pacific Regional Environment Programme, rev. Dec. 2013) [text via ReliefWeb]
"Questioning 'Drought Displacement': Environment, Politics and Migration in Somalia," Forced Migration Review, no. 45 (Feb. 2014) [open access]
A new issue of Refuge: Canada's Journal on Refugees has been published, with a special focus on "Environmentally Induced Displacement and Forced Migration." Articles in vol. 29, no. 2, 2013 include:
- Creating New Norms on Climate Change, Natural Disasters and Displacement: International Developments 2010–2013
- "Environmental Migration" as Advocacy: Is It Going to Work?
- Temporary Measures: Canadian Refugee Policy and Environmental Migration
- Social Work and Environmentally Induced Displacement: A Commentary
- Location Security and Environmental-Induced Displacement: A Case Study of the Riverine Islands in Bangladesh
- Lake St. Martin First Nation Community Members’ Experiences of Induced Displacement: "We’re like refugees"
- Colonial Walls: Psychic Strategies in Contemporary Mining-Related Displacement
- Thematic Focus: Climate Change & Displacement (29 Jan. 2014)
Tagged Publications and Periodicals.