Event & opportunity:
The Human Rights of Migrants and Refugees: EU and ECHR Interactions Explored, Dublin, 1 April 2014 [info]
*Jean Monnet Summer School on the European Union's Area of Freedom, Security and Justice, Dundee, Scotland, 9-15 June 2014 [info]
- Submit application by 15 April 2014.
Asylum and Irregular Immigration in the EU: State of Play (European Parliamentary Research Service, March 2014) [text]
Asylum in the EU28: Large Increase to Almost 435 000 Asylum Applicants Registered in the EU28 in 2013 (EUROSTAT, Marc h 2014) [access]
- See also related ECRE Weekly Bulletin article.
Common European Asylum System: Challenges and Perspectives, Sofia, 24 March 2014 [text]
- Follow link for speech by EU Commissioner for Home Affairs.
Criminalisation of Migrants in an Irregular Situation and of Persons Engaging with Them (EU Agency for Fundamental Rights, March 2014) [text]
From Lampedusa to the Post-Stockholm
Programme: Difficult European Solidarity in the Field of Migrations, European Policy Brief, no. 24 (Egmont Institute, March 2014) [text]
Fundamental Rights Training for Border Guards: Trainers' Manual (Frontex, March 2014) [text]
How to Ensure Fair, Humane and Effective Return Procedures? (European Commission, March 2014) [access]
- Follow link for Communication and other related materials. See also related ECRE Weekly Bulletin article.
"Rethinking Europe's Freedom, Security and Justice," Chapter 1 in EU Security and Justice Law: After Lisbon and Stockholm (Hart Publishing, Feb. 2014) [info]
- Follow link for free full-text of Chapter 1 and other information about the book.
The Migrants' Files [access]
- "Little is known about how many men, women and children actually have lost their lives on their journey to Europe. Believing that policy unsupported by facts cannot be optimal, a consortium of European journalists committed themselves to systematically assembling and analyzing the data on the deaths of Europe’s would-be migrants. The Migrants' Files project is partially funded by the European non-profit organization Journalismfund.eu."
- Regional Focus: Europe (24 March 2014)
Tagged Events & Opportunities, Publications and Web Sites/Tools.