A Campaign to End Statelessness: Launched on the 60th Anniversary of the 1954 Convention relating to the Status of Stateless Persons (UNHCR, Feb. 2014) [text]
- UNHCR is using "2014 to kick off a decade-long campaign to eradicate statelessness."
Stateless Citizenship: The Palestinian-Arab Citizens of Israel, Toronto, 12 March 2014 [info]
- Seminar at the Centre for Refugee Studies.
Stateless but not Rightless: Improving the Protection of Stateless Persons in Europe, Strasbourg, 8 April 2014 [info]
- Registration deadline is 14 March 2014.
Reminder! Global Forum on Statelessness, The Hague, 15-17 September 2014 [info]
- Early bird registration deadline is 15 March 2014.
Conceiving Statelessness from Diaspora: The Case of Kurds in Europe, London, 19 March 2014 [info]
UNHCR Award for Statelessness Research [info]
- Submit nominations by 1 May 2014.
See also this recent funding announcement.
"Building a Dangerous Precedent in the Americas: Revoking Fundamental Rights of Dominicans," Human Rights Brief, vol. 21, no. 1 (Winter 2014) [full-text]
Nationality Unknown? An Overview of the Safeguards and Gaps Related to the Prevention of Statelessness at Birth in Hungary (Hungarian Helsinki Committee, Jan. 2014) [text via Refworld]
- See also related ENS Blog post.
New Birth Registration Procedure: Impact on the Prevention of Statelessness in Serbia (ENS Blog, Feb. 2014) [text]
The Statelessness Round Table in Central Asia, Almaty, 2-3 Oct. 2013 [info]
- See also UNHCR's Opening Remarks and the Summary Conclusions, as well as this related UNHCR news story.
Statelessness, State-building and Biopolitics: The Bidūn of Kuwait (ENS Blog, March 2014) [text]
UNU Migration Network [access]
- This network was recently launched; follow the link for information about two of its ongoing research projects, one on "The international framework for statelessness" and the other on "Statelessness and transcontinental migration." Relevant policy reports for these projects are available here.
- Thematic Focus: Statelessness (14 Feb. 2014)
Tagged Events & Opportunities, Publications and Web Sites/Tools.