Event & opportunity:
Children on the Run: An Analysis of First-hand Accounts from Children Fleeing Central America, Washington, DC, 12 March 2014 [info]
- Note: This event is currently full, but interested participants can still be put on a waitlist. The discussion will also be livestreamed.
CFP: Refugees and Migrants: Unaccompanied Children in Britain 1914-2014, Southampton, UK, 17-18 July 2014 [info]
- Submit abstracts by 15 April 2014.
Humanitarian Action for Children 2014: Overview (UNICEF, Feb. 2014) [text via ReliefWeb]
"The Mental Health of Unaccompanied Refugee Minors on Arrival in the Host Country," Scandinavian Journal of Psychology, vol. 55, no. 1 (Feb. 2014) [free full-text]
Red Hand Day 2014 (Oxford Journals) [access]
- Free access to journal articles relating to child soldiers from African Aff., J. Human Rts. Pract., JRS and RSQ.
"Resettled Young Sudanese and Somali Refugees Have High Vocational and Educational Ambitions Despite Experiences of School Disruption and Language Difficulties," Australian Occupational Therapy Journal, vol. 61, no. 1 (Feb. 2014) [free full-text]
Responding to Challenges of Misuse of Alcohol and Other Drugs by Young People of Refugee Backgrounds (Foundation House, Aug. 2013) [text via BroCAP]
"School and Community-based Interventions for Refugee and Asylum Seeking Children: A Systematic Review," PLoS ONE 9(2): e89359 (Feb. 2014) [open access]
- Note (14 May 2014): Follow link for corrected version.
- Thematic Focus: Children (25 Feb. 2014)
Tagged Publications and Events & Opportunities.